Obviously many restaurants are having Valentine’s Day specials. Beyond dining, here are some V-Day-related events–running the gamut from parties to family-friendly–going on in Madison today through the 14th.
- Valentine’s Day Celebration, 9:30 a.m. Saturday at DreamBank. Arts and crafts for the kids.
- 22nd Annual Valentine’s 5K, 11 a.m. Saturday at UW Natatorium. The course runs along the Howard Temin Lakeshore Path.
- Will Zoo Be Mine?, 6 p.m. Saturday at Vilas Zoo. This is billed as an intimate evening of wine, local cheeses and learning about mating behaviors of animals.
- Encore Studio’s “To Love or Not to Love,” Saturday and Sunday (also Feb. 17 and 18) at Mary Dupont Wahlers Theatre. A play that explores issues of sexuality, power, abuse, desire and relationships.
- Speed dating, 8 p.m. Saturday at Lucky’s 1313. Includes apps, Stella Artois and chances to win prizes (besides a date).
- 8th Annual Valentine’s Underwear Party, 9 p.m. Saturday at Plan B. Dance in your fancy undies with music from DJ Tim Walters.
- Lil Red Dress Affair, 10 p.m. Saturday at Lagartos Night Club. Multiple genres of music, plus $100 for the woman in the sexiest red dress.
- “Constellation Valentine” Paint Night, 5 p.m. Sunday at Sprecher’s. Local artist Lindsey LaPlant will explain how to create the landscape “Constellation Valentine.”
- Strangers in the Night – a Singles Soiree, 6 p.m. Sunday at VOM FASS University Avenue. Enjoy food, drinks and games while listening to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and more.
- Madison Eats Food Tour, 6 p.m. on Atwood Avenue. Exclusive love-filled food and beverage offerings on this special “Brew and Chew” tour.
- Valentine’s Day Boomer Bash Dance, 6 p.m. at Brink Lounge. For the 55+ crowd, dance to ’60s and ’70s music.
- Romance Under the Stars, 7 p.m. (also Feb. 17 and 18) at Memorial High School Planetarium. A flower and Candinas Chocolates will be given to each couple as you take a tour of the universe.
- Les Cougars Valentine’s Day Show, 7:30 p.m. at High Noon Saloon. A loving tribute to the favorite fallen icons of 2016.
Tags: Valentine's Day